What to expect in our worship hour?
Worship in spirit and in truth - John 4:23-24 says that God seeks worshippers who worship in spirit and in truth. We seek to please God by doing the things that God asks of us to honor Him each Lord's day.
- Acapella Singing - Worshipping in spirit and truth requires us to do what is proscribed in scripture. What is written down is for our learning, Romans 15:4, so we practice what is written down in God's word. Colossians 3:16 and Ephesians 5:19 teaches us to use our voice to encourage one another and praise God. There is no mention of instruments used in worship in the New Testament.
- The Lord's Supper - We are commanded in scripture to remember the Lord's death, burial, nd resurrection by partaking of unleavened bread, no yeast or rising agents, and the fruit of the vine, normally grape juice: Matthew 26:26-30.
- Prayer - Just as in prayers we say privately, there are some things we bring before God's throne in prayer as a whole body. Praises, Thanks, Supplications are just some of the items we pray for as a whole body in worship. Philippians 4:6.
- Giving - I Corinthians 16:1-2a commands the "laying by in store." This is a fancy way of saying we give a portion of our income to the Lord's church for the work of the church. The opportunity to support the good things God would have us do is one we should never miss. God loves a cheerful giver, 2 Corinthians 9:7.
- A lesson - We study the Bible to know God and do what the Bible says to please Him. Scripture says in Romans 10:14-15, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
Dress is business casual.
Some go full suit and tie and full dresses while others wear a polos, kakis, and modest casual clothes. Please come as you are and worship our great God together.